LOS ANGELES MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER
More motorcyclists than ever enjoy riding the sunbaked streets of Los Angeles. Most motorcyclists abide by California law by observing traffic signals, not driving recklessly, and wearing protective gear.
Unfortunately, that does not mean other drivers always take the same degree of care and caution.
Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents In Los Angeles
No two accidents are alike, but the following are the most common causes of Los Angeles motorcycle accidents:
- The motorcyclist being overlooked at intersections.
- Drivers misjudging motorcycle speed.
- A driver turning left in front of a motorcycle.
- Vehicles changing lanes without noticing a motorcycle’s presence
- Head-on and rear-end collisions.
- Opening a car door in the path of a motorcycle.
- Merging into traffic without yielding to a motorcycle.
Being aware of how motorcycle accidents occur can help you do everything possible to be safe on the road. But what happens when others don’t exercise that same degree of caution on the road?
Common Injuries From Motorcycle Accidents
Because motorcyclists are not surrounded by the metal protection of a car, motorcycle accidents are more likely to cause serious injury or death. Common injuries caused by motorcycle accidents include:
- Broken Bones: Because they are completely exposed, motorcyclists often suffer broken or crushed bones. Arms, femurs, wrists, ribs, and faces are commonly injured in motorcycle accidents.
- Road Rash: Motorcycle jackets and pants designed for motorcycle safety help protect the motorcyclists against the road’s surface. However, even with protective gear, skin injuries can occur when a motorcyclist is thrown off the motorcycle and slides across the road. A motorcyclist sliding across a road can cause severe skin injuries, nerve damage and permanent scarring.
- Head Trauma: Helmets are required for all motorcyclists in California. However, even with helmets, motorcyclists in accidents can be left with temporary or even permanent head injuries which range from minor to traumatic brain injuries. A traumatic brain injury, or TBI, can affect cognitive and emotional abilities as well as physical functioning. Some TBIs victims are affected for the rest of their lives.
- Back, Neck, and Spinal Cord Injuries: Like head trauma, back, neck, and spinal cord injuries can range in severity depending on the nature of the accident. After an accident, due to the delicate nature of the back, neck, and spine, motorcyclists should remain still until professional medical help arrives. Injuries to the spinal cord can result in permanent paralysis.
- Legs and Feet: Over 30% of all non-fatal motorcycle accidents result in injuries to the legs and feet. Many of these injuries are caused by the motorcycle falling on the lower extremities, causing broken bones, burns, or other injuries.
- Internal Injuries: A broken bone can puncture an internal organ during an accident and injured internal organs can cause internal bleeding which is both painful and potentially lethal.
Injured In A Motorcycle Accident?
A personal injury claim based on a motorcycle accident can allow you to recover money for your medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering. If the other driver was legally intoxicated, you may also be to obtain additional compensation through punitive damages claim.
After you hire the Pacitti Law Firm to represent you, we will assess and evaluate more than just your current injuries. We will also consider the potential impact of the accident on your job, your career, your future medical needs, and the long-term impact on your life.
Recovery Amounts For Motorcycle Accident Injuries
How much is your motorcycle accident case worth? The answer to this depends on the specifics of your accident claim. Generally, those injured in a motorcycle accident due to the fault of someone else can receive compensation for:
- Past and future medical bills.
- Lost wages or salary and loss of earning capacity.
- Pain, suffering, mental anguish, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life and the ability to engage in the daily activities of living.
- PTSD and other emotional trauma.
- Punitive damages in extreme cases (such as accidents caused by drunk drivers).
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, it is important to hire an experienced attorney who can evaluate all aspects of your claim and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
No Recovery – No Fee
You only pay attorney fees if we win your case or obtain a settlement. All personal injury and wrongful death cases are handled on a contingency fee basis. That means we only earn a fee if we get you results.
The Pacitti Law Firm Can Help You Recover The Compensation You Deserve After A Motorcycle Accident
If you or a loved one was injured or killed in a motorcycle accident in Los Angeles, or anywhere else in California, we can help. Schedule a free initial consultation with our attorney by calling toll free at 800-590-6905 or contact us online today.